Monday, September 15, 2014

Normal week

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I wasn't feeling too well. By the way, traveler's digestion problems is in fact a real thing haha so don't forget and bring your Pepto Bismol while traveling!

This pas week was a typical week so far in Paraguay. Last Sunday, my family and I went to a sports gathering event.  It was in a public park in downtown Encarnacion, and there was a huge indoor stadium like place with cement bleachers. Everyone is on a team, from where their from, so we were supporting San Juan, and you all sit together. There were about thirty people from San Juan there. Then the kids that are on teams, play mini matches of whatever sport they play against each other and you cheer for your team.  The high school boys and little boys had two soccer teams and they were very good, and the high school girls had a hand ball team. It's kind of like pick-up sports, so when you want to play you scream out "San Juan, San Juan, San Juan" and then they choose an opposing team.  We ate lunch there and just hung out with all the families. It was really hot inside though, so when we weren't playing, we went outside to the park and played volleyball!

A really funny/strange thing you do here, is when you go out for the day (ex: last Sunday) and you know there will be lunch or a barbecue, you bring your own plate, cups, and cutlery from home and then you eat with that. They don't provide paper plates or cups or anything, so I thought it was funny and random.

I taught my English class on Saturday, and more people showed up than last time because it wasn't raining, yay! It was good and I think they all like me, we are all around the same ages so it's fun and we talk about the differences from America compared to here, there are many!! That's all for this week, and I hope you're enjoying these posts! Thanks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment