Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One Month Left!

I can’t believe it’s already June! I only have one month left in Paraguay and on my exchange year.  My work is amazing and I will be sad to leave.  I think it will be one of the hardest times to leave my family, work, and all my friends here.  I’ve really built myself a second life here and it will always be a part of me.  Even through all the bad and rough times, I never wanted to leave Paraguay.  I will miss many things about it and hopefully share the culture and knowledge I’ve gained when I come back home.
            It’s truly incredible that it has almost been a year since I left my home.  Time is such a weird thing.  One day can seem like so long and a week too, but then there are months that fly by and you don’t know where all the time went.  I am excited to see my family and friends back home but I also think it will be hard adjusting again.  I have changed a lot, as a person, my beliefs, my actions, and my values, and I don’t know if I will have the same interests and like the same things as I did before.  I guess I will just have to wait and see and try my best to accept that I am home and that if I ever want to go back and visit I always can. 

            We had our last going away orientation camp two weeks ago, in May.  It was interesting to hear about everyone’s different experiences and to see how everyone has changed.  Also to hear about how different everyone’s years were even though we are all in the same country.  I love talking to other students who are travelling abroad or who have been abroad, about their experiences and plans for the future.  It will be a hard time saying bye to Paraguay, but I don’t think I will realize I left and am not coming back until I’m at my home in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment