Saturday, February 21, 2015

About 4 more months!

These past few months have been the most incredible and worst times in Paraguay. I have been traveling more and more, visiting my friends, going out at night, and enjoying the days. It has all been wonderful. The first couple months here in Paraguay were really hard for me and I started to not like the country because of other reasons, in which the country itself has nothing to do with. I was using it as an excuse, but once I faced my problems I found my way to be happy in one of my favorite countries of all time. I am in love with Paraguay; the culture, food, people, weather, and nature. I love this country and it is going to be so hard to go home in July. However, there are always downsides to exchanges and the obstacles are hard to overcome, but once you do, you only see the good in the country and forget about the bad. I've had some problems with my family and it's just hard because nothing can replace the family you're born into and it makes you realize how much you love them once you're away from them.

If you or anyone you know is planning on going abroad, I strongly recommend a length of at least 9 months, a year even better. 6 months is not enough time to learn the language completely and be fully immersed in the culture. At my 5 month point, I was thinking about going home and I really was unhappy. However, now I am so glad I stayed after the 5th month. These last few months have been the best time of my life and I can't wait to see what the last 4 have in store for me. You have to be committed to what you want and what you choose to do, but from being on both sides of the subject, I recommend a full year.

My friend, Emily came to visit me last week and it was quite fun being her tour guide for the week. We did all the fun stuff in my city and she also got to experience my life for a little bit. It's so strange how different people's experiences can be, yet you're in the same country. She had a good time and then I went back with her to Asuncion for a couple of days and we traveled to her families summer home on a ranch. It was absolutely gorgeous with nature everywhere, a pool, great food, great people, and animals too. I am planning on seeing more of Paraguay with her and another friend these last few months.

Other than that, not much has happened. I started work again, in the mornings and afternoons, which is fun and keeps my pretty busy. The kids are back from vacations so now it's their school time which I'm exceed for. Not much else has happened over here, but I will try to remember to post when something does.

No comments:

Post a Comment