Sunday, October 5, 2014

Guerra del chaco!

This week I didn't have school for three days (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) because we were celebrating the win of the war with Bolivia many years ago.  On these days a lot of relaxing, eating, and watching TV was done haha. I went to town with one of my friends and got our nails done and went to get something to eat which was fun. I also went to the post office for the first time last week to see if a package arrived from my family, and to sum it up, I hate the post system here. First of all, there's no address for my house in my neighborhood because there's no street names, so I wrote the address of my Mama's business in town which has a street name.  I wrote the name of the business, the city, the zip code, and the telephone number of the store. Also, all mail goes to Asuncion first, the capital of Paraguay, and then from there it goes by car to every other part of the country since there's no trains or airplanes. Anyways, sorry for my little rant, but hopefully my package will arrive to me one day :)

Another highlight of my week was one night all the AFS students living in Encarnacion area, met up and had a little AFS party. We listened to music and just hung out. It's really interesting to see how all of our experiences are so different from one another yet were living not even 20 miles away from each other.  Thankfully I got a Paraguyan phone now, so I can keep in contact with them and meet up with my new friends.

It's been raining a lot here recently and apparently October is the month of rain! Yay for me, since I love the rain and am dreading summer time considering it's about 110-115 degrees everyday with humidity on top of that. The land here is so green and nice; everywhere I look it's green and smells so good. I'm praying for you California though to get some rain too. If I could I would send you some! That's all that happened last week, and I'm sure more exciting things will happen next week, Adios!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Rain Dances, hopefully it makes it to California. And not to mention, I also hope you had a nice Birthday Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, yes I hope it does too! Thankyou, it was quite but it was nice. Love you!

    ReplyDelete