Sunday, October 19, 2014

Happy Days and an Exciting Week!

I used to only not like the post system here, but now I officially hate it. Since the post office is only open certain hours, I didn't go to work so I could get my package from my parents (it was sent a month ago), so I go into town to pick up my package and at the post office the lady was trying to explain to me that it's not there, so I had her write down the address of where it was. I took that paper to my mom's business and had the secretary take me to the address on the back of his moto. We finally arrived at 12:05 and they said the international office closes at 12:00.  I was frustrated so I went back home and missed work again the next day to pick up my package before 12:00. I went again with the secretary and after signing five different papers, waiting for 45 minutes, and them opening and going through the entire package, I got it! Yay!!! Thank you Mom and Dad! After we went back to the business and my brother met me there after his school and we were going to go home for lunch. So, we were going to take the bus, which didn't end up coming, so instead my brother took us on the back of his motorcycle. Just picture this, three normal teenagers on a small moto seat with my brother only staying on because he's holding on to me, and I'm only holding on with one hand because in the other I'm carrying my heavy package in one arm. But, we made it home safely :)

In the package, I also had my mom send me pencils and pencil sharpeners for my students because there is always problems to make sure each kid has a pencil, most times they have to share. So the next day at work, I brought them a lot of pencils, sharpeners, stickers, and erasers and just to see their faces and how happy they were made the whole post office thing worth every minute. It was as if they each got a present they've always asked for, I almost cried. Then, to thank me they all came up to me and gave me kisses and said thank you, thank you, thank you. I love my kids, if you can't tell haha! 

This week was so hot, luckily though where I live it's not as hot as the capital where most people live. It was 51 degrees celsius which is 124 degrees fahrenheit and it's only SPRING! But it was about 100-110 degrees every day which was not pleasant. 

A surprise did happen though this week too! One of our dogs, a boxer, had babies!! She had four babies and they are so cute :) I'm in love with all of them and can't wait to play with them as they get older. This did however cause some problems with the other dogs in the house because if one goes near the mom and the babies then they start fighting and bad fighting with blood and everything. So the new job in the house is to keep the dogs separated for a while! 

I also started Zumba this week! I go with another girl on AFS from Germany. I didn't think it would be that hard but I really enjoy it and it's a good yet fun workout! This week one day before we went my friend and I decided to walk into town to get something to eat. I don't know what we were thinking but we didn't think it would be that hard to walk in the heat, yet we were wrong. We showed up to the restaurant with so much sweat dripping down our bodies everywhere the waiter thought we literally just went swimming. I won't be doing that again haha. 

Sorry my post was so long, just a lot happened this week and I want to tell everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment